Find out what to do in Moena in the winter:
lots of fun
As well as in summer, also in winter there are many activities that can be practiced in Val di Fassa!
Alpine skiing heaven is in Val di Fassa!
- 7 skiing areas:
- Moena - Alpe Lusia
- Passo San Pellegrino - Falcade
- Vigo di Fassa - Catinaccio
- Buffaure - Ciampac
- Belvedere - Col Rodella - Passo Pordoi
- Passo Fedaia - Marmolada
- 4 themed excursions:
- Sass Becé
- Lusia - San Pellegrino
- Grande Guerra
- Sellaronda: the famous “four passes” circuit: Sella, Gardena, Campolongo and Pordoi
In Val di Fassa, you can ski in a different area every day with breath-taking views!
From Moena, the three easiest ski resorts to get to are:
- Alpe Lusia > 4 km
- Latemar (Stalimen area - Predazzo) > 7 km
- San Pellegrino (connected to the Alpe Lusia ski area with ski bus) > 11 km
In Val di Fassa, fans of Nordic skiing can use four base areas:
- Passo San Pellegrino - Alochet
- Pozza di Fassa
- Mazzin - Campitello di Fassa
Over 50km of paths, surrounded by attractive scenery which resembles Northern Europe!
Every year, on the last Sunday of January, a thousand athletes meet in Moena to participate on the legendary Marcialonga. This is the only “Gran Fondo” in the Alps, and has reached the same level of notoriety as the Swedish Vasaloppet: 70km of climbs and descents, starting in Moena and ending in Cavalese with its midpoint at Canazei, passing through all the towns of the Fassa and Fiemme valleys.
In Val di Fassa’s 6 snowparks, the password is fun!
Here, fans of snowboarding and freestyle skiing can go wild with jumps and acrobatic manoeuvres with complete freedom and safety!
- Dolomiti Park (Skiarea Canazei - Belvedere)
- Buffaure Snowpark (Skiarea Buffaure - Pozza di Fassa)
- Carezza Snowpark (Skiarea Carezza - Passo Costalunga)
- Sanpe Snowpark (Skiarea Alpe Lusia - San Pellegrino)
- Lusia Boardercross (Skiarea Moena - Alpe Lusia)
- Morea Snowpark (Skiarea Bellamonte - Alpe Lusia)
In order to ski off-piste without putting yourself at risk, you need to be prepared, respect the rules and know the winter mountain well.
Val di Fassa’s ski schools organise lessons with instructors and descents in fresh snow, without forgetting the subject of safety!
In Val di Fassa, skiing fun doesn’t have a timetable! Try the excitement of night skiing at Ski Stadium Aloch, in the centre of Pozza di Fassa.
Winter hikes or hikes with snowshoes
Walking on snow has a very specific allure. Step by step, you discover unspoilt places, you breathe in the crisp mountain air and you admire the heights of Val di Fassa.
Val di Fassa has a wide range of off-piste routes for fans of alpine skiing, to discover hidden corners of paradise where nature, mountains, show and sky meet.
In order to experience the excitement of climbing on majestic walls of ice, the Sport Check Point’s Alpine Guide organises courses and excursions, even for first-timers.